There is something about this time of year that makes us want to bake tasty treats all of the time! so, today I am sharing how I make these yummy sugar cookie biscuits.
Sugar cookie biscuits are perfect for icing and decorating to look pretty and festive!
What Ingredients you will need:
- 225g unsalted butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (Salted Caramel is also acceptable)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 330g plain flour
Before you do anything, Preheat oven to 180° C. Then grab some baking trays and place grease proof paper on these.
In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract and egg. (I cheated and used a mixer on low speed and this worked perfectly).
In a separate bowl combine baking powder with flour and then add a little of the mixture at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff.
Note: You do not need to chill the dough before baking.
Divide into workable batches, roll out onto a floured surface and cut into whatever shapes take your fancy.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on the baking tray until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
- Christmas Food: Festive Gingerbread
- Festive Blogging Ideas for bloggers doing blogmas.
- Christmas gifts for the last-minute shopper.
- Festive things to get in the Christmas spirit
- Things I love about Christmas time.